JUPAS stands for "Joint University Programmes Admissions System". The scheme is for local secondary school students applying for admission to
- government-funded full-time or sandwich bachelor's degree programmes offered by CityU, HKBU, LingnanU, CUHK, HKIEd, PolyU, HKUST and HKU;
- government-funded full-time associate degree programme offered by CityU;
- government-funded full-time higher diploma programme offered by HKIEd;
- government-funded full-time higher diploma programmes offered by PolyU; and
- non-government-funded full-time bachelor's degree programmes offered by OUHK.
on the strength of results obtained at the the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE).
You should apply through JUPAS if
- you are a current secondary school student in a local school sitting for the HKDSE in 2013 (referred to as school applicant); or
- you are a "non-school applicant" but are applying for admission on the strength of HKDSE results.
Details of the JUPAS scheme can be found at the JUPAS website.