Welcome to the non-JUPAS online application system! To get started, please read the General Information and Instructions.
How to Submit an Online Application
Step 1: Registration
To gain access to the online application form, you have to first register and create a personal admission account. Choose the "International Admissions Scheme / Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme (Late application)" option, read the declaration and click ACCEPT to continue. Enter your e-mail address, personal particulars, and a password to create an account. The registration confirmation will be sent to your registerd e-mail with the Univeristy. You may also print a copy of the registration confirmation page for your own record. You can then proceed to fill in the online application form. The form should be completed within 14 days or by the deadline for application, whichever is the earlier.
Step 2: Completing the Application Form
Login the application system with your registered e-mail address and password. Complete the online application form following the instructions. To avoid losing your data, always click SAVE and CONTINUE at the bottom of each page before proceeding to the next section. When filling out the "Personal Statement" section, you can either type your essay directly into the space provided or prepare it using a text editor or a word processor and then copy and paste it to the space provided.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
Your application will not be completed until you have also paid the application fee online. Check if you have filled in all relevant sections before making payment. Once you have paid the application fee of HK$750 by credit card, your application is finalized and you will not be permitted to make any further changes. Please submit your application early so as to avoid system congestion near the deadline.
(For the sake of online security, some banks, e.g. HSBC, Hang Seng Bank, require customers to go through an authentication process to verify their personal information before online payment could be made.)
Step 4: Printing the Final Report
After successful online payment, a final report of your application will be displayed which contains an APPLICATION NUMBER, a PAYMENT INVOICE NUMBER, a PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER and a PAYMENT APPROVAL CODE. Save or print a copy of this final report for your own record. You will be required to quote your application number in all future enquiries.
Step 5: Uploading your Supporting Documents
Upon successful submission of your online application, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail. Login the admission account using the same e-mail address and password to access the Online Document Upload System. Please upload the following supporting documents to the University within two weeks after your submission of the online application for our preliminary consideration:
- A photocopy of your HKID card / passport / National identity card / birth certificate;
- Referee's report (Word format, pdf format) or reference letter, to be completed by your school principal or teacher, or by an academic referee (In the case that the referee report / reference letter is given to you by your school in a sealed envelope, please forward the report / letter to the Academic Services Office of the University by mail at Room G04, Run Run Shaw Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong. For reference letter, please arrange it to be sent with a cover page which specifies your full name, application number, date of birth and first choice of curriculum);
- Final / Latest academic transcript(s) / examination results;
- Public examination results in detail e.g. GCSE, HKCEE, HKALE, including in the case of GCE AL / AS level, the Statement of Results which shows the numerical scores achieved;
- Predicted grade / point issued by the school; and
- (Optional) A summary of not more than two A4-size pages of your extra-curricular activities / personal achievements / working experience / any other information which will be of help to your application.
For results to be released at a later date, please arrange to upload them via the Online Document Upload system once available.
Please note that you are not required to submit hard copy and / or certified copy of your documents to the University during the application stage. Should you be given an admission offer by the University, you will receive notification to submit certified copy of your documents.
Step 6: Applying Entrance Scholarships
Entrance scholarships are available to eligible students, please click here for more information.
You may consider applying the Entrance Scholarship by login the admission account and complete the Entrance Scholarship Application Form online.
- If you have any enquiries during your online application, you may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for some useful tips.
- To avoid system error, do not click the "BACK" button when filling out the online application.
- The online application system will be temporarily closed from 00:30 to 02:30 (Hong Kong Time) daily for system update.