- Buddy Programme for newly-admitted international undergraduates & incoming exchange students
- Buddy Mentor Registration
Buddy Programme for newly-admitted international undergraduates & incoming exchange students
For international students who are unfamiliar with the lifestyle and culture of Hong Kong, studying at HKU can be a daunting experience. That's why we offer the Buddy Programme, in which new international students will be paired up with current students (Buddy Mentors) who provide the helping hand and friendship to the international new comers at HKU.
A Buddy Mentor will be assigned to all incoming International Undergraduates & Exchange Students.Your Buddy Mentor will be happy to provide linguistic support, cultural guidance and information about life at HKU to you.
For enquiry, please write to: email@example.com
All students returning from exchange studies are requested to participate in the buddy Programme and be the Buddy Mentors. Interested full-time undergraduate or postgraduate students are cordially invited to be the 'Buddy Mentors' for the incoming students as well.
Responsibilities of a Buddy Mentor are as follows (with necessary costs to be reimbursed):
- Meet with the incoming international & exchange students after they arrive Hong Kong (this is most important!);
- Assist the incoming international & exchange students in settling into halls and help them with registration;
- Assist in the organization of orientation activities and other functions for the incoming international & exchange students;
- Arrange for the incoming international & exchange students to participate in hall/student society orientation activities;
- Conduct a brief tour around HKU; and
- Offer general guidance to the incoming international & exchange students during their stay in Hong Kong.
- Click here to read the quick notes for Buddy Mentors