Studying at HKU
We are delighted that you are considering the University of Hong Kong for your studies. All students have their own criteria when choosing a university, but here are some points you may wish to keep in mind:
- The medium of teaching at HKU is English, and you can learn Mandarin or Cantonese according to your own level;
- Professors at HKU are selected from around the world and come from over 40 different countries;
- There are thirteen halls of residence at HKU. Hall life has been regarded as an important component of the HKU experience since the University's inception, and remains so today.
- HKU has a supportive learning environment, with a library opened seven days a week and wireless internet access throughout the main campus.
- Students at HKU are able to enjoy a well-rounded campus life. We have fitness centres, swimming pools, computer centres, health clinic and dental services, canteens (dining halls) serving various cuisines, and numerous student societies and interest clubs.
- The HKU alumni network is the most venerable of its kind in Hong Kong and China. Students can enquire about internship opportunities via the HKU Career Centre.
Exchange Students VS Visiting Students
If you are joining us from one of our partner institutions, you are regarded as an "exchange student" and our office will handle your application. If your institution is NOT one of our partners, but you would like to come to HKU to study for a semester or a year, you can still do so as a "visiting student".
Seeking a Full Degree at HKU?
Discovering the HKU Campus
Study in Hong Kong
Dates of Semester
- Sports Facilities
- Amenities Centres
- Information Technology Services
- Health Services
- Dental Services
- HKU Map