Incoming Students

University Health Service

The University Health Service (UHS) provides comprehensive primary health care to registered students at a clinic on the main campus. Medical consultations are generally free of charge. Certain medications, preventive services and other items are charged at cost. A notional charge is also levied for dental treatment and physiotherapy treatment at the UHS.

When specialist care and hospitalization are required, these services are provided at the public clinics and general wards of government hospitals. The charge for those holding a Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID) is subsidized by the government. Non-local students without a HKID card are required to pay full fees for services and hospitalization in government hospitals. You are eligible to apply for a HKID card if you are going to spend more than 180 days (i.e. one term only) in Hong Kong. As it takes time to obtain the HKID card, you are strongly advised to get your own medical insurance to cover your first month of stay.