The Yale Visiting International Students Program (Y-VISP) is an honors program and it has reserved a number of places for HKU undergraduates to spend one academic year as visiting students at Yale College. The University of Hong Kong will sponsor the tuition fees to Yale University on behalf of HKU students selected for Y-VISP.
The Hong Kong Bank Foundation provides a maximum of three scholarship awards to undergraduate students each year for overseas study at designated top universities worldwide, except partner universities of HKU. The scholarship will fully cover the tuition fees, a minimum economy return airfare and reasonable study and living expenses.
To be eligible for application, students need to:
1. Be a Hong Kong permanent resident with right of abode in Hong Kong
2. Have a minimum CGPA score of 3.7 or equivalent
3. Meet the requirement for English proficiency
4. Have no extensive experience of living or studying overseas
5. Be well-rounded by having participated in extra-curricular and community service activities
Junior Year Abroad Programme (JYA) 2017/18
- Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge
- Pembroke College, University of Cambridge
- Homerton College, University of Cambridge
- Pembroke College, University of Oxford
Spend your fall semester in the U.S. capital with both studies and internship. There are 3 fall programs available: