About the Programme
Shanghai Jiao Tong University will organize this service camp scheduled for August 1 - 13 and are now inviting applications from HKU students. The Programme offers a range of talks and cultural visits. For more information, please refer to the Poster and Content for information.
- Students who are interested can apply in the following
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by China Affairs Office about the interview within 1 week after the application deadline via email.
- China Affairs Office may shorten or extend the application deadline depend on circumstances without further notice.
- All full-time HKU undergraduate and postgraduate students are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should possess valid travelling document and entry permit for entering Mainland China.
- Applicants should be able to write, read and communicate in Putonghua as the programme activities will be conducted exclusively in Putonghua.
- As requested by the host institution, priority will be given to local students.
Participants are required to:
- Pay a deposit of HKD1000. (refundable upon completion of the programme).
- Submit the following documents to CAO within 14 days after the completion of the programme:
- Original receipt, invoice, for purchasing travelling tickets (price must be shown). For purchase made online, print out of the online confirmation is acceptable.
- Original boarding pass or train tickets (round trip, participant’s name must be shown)
- Experience Sharing (at least 300 words, in English or Chinese).
- Photographs taken during the participation of the programme (at least 5 photos with captions) (*Creative sharing and photos will be used in the University publication or website for promotion).
This Programme will be subsidized by the schemes of HKU “China 1,000 Exchange Programme”. The funding covers the expenses of programme activities, accommodation and local transportation for HKU students participating short-term summer exchange programmes organized by Mainland universities. However, travelling expense between HK and the Mainland destination is to be borne by the participants themselves.
- As the programme is sponsored by HKU “China 1,000 Exchange Programme”, programmes fee, local accommodation, transportation and meal expenses will be covered by the Scheme and to be provided by the host institution.
- Participants are responsible for other (personal) expenses, including travel insurance, souvenirs, meals etc.
- HKU will provide basic overseas travel insurance for participants who were successfully nominated by China Affairs Office. Participants are strongly recommended to make extra travel insurance arrangement according to individual needs, especially for those who wish to advance or extend their stay in the destination(s). For the university coverage, please refer to the policy for undergraduates and postgraduates provided by Finance and Enterprise Office for reference.
Students interested in applying to the programme should follow the steps outlined below:
- Read through and make sure you understand and meet all of the programme requirements.
- Complete the online registration at link.
- Fill in the application form “Application Form for Student Activities in Mainland” and submit the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before application deadline.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by China Affairs Office for interview within ONE week after the application deadline
For any enquiries, please contact the China Affairs Office at email@example.com.