About the Programme
Shanghai Jiao Tong University will organize this service program scheduled for July 11 - 24, 2015 and are now inviting applications from HKU students. The Programme offers a range of talks. For more information, please refer to the Poster and Details for information.
- Students who are interested can apply in the following
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by China Affairs Office about the interview within 1 week after the application deadline via email.
- China Affairs Office may shorten or extend the application deadline depend on circumstances without further notice.
- All full-time HKU undergraduate and postgraduate students are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should possess valid travelling document and entry permit for entering Mainland China.
- Applicants should be able to write, read and communicate in Putonghua as the programme activities will be conducted exclusively in Putonghua.
- As requested by the host institution, priority will be given to local students.
Participants are required to submit the following documents to CAO within 10 days after the completion of the programme:
- Experience Sharing (at least 300 words, in both English and Chinese).
- Photographs taken during the participation of the programme (at least 5 photos with captions) (*Creative sharing and photos will be used in the University publication or website for promotion).
For details, please check Report Submission page.
- As the programme is sponsored by HKU “China 1,000 Exchange Programme”, programmes fee, local accommodation, transportation and meal expenses will be covered by the Scheme and to be provided by the host institution.
- Participants are responsible for other (personal) expenses, including travel insurance, souvenirs, meals etc.
- HKU will provide basic overseas travel insurance for participants who were successfully nominated by China Affairs Office. Participants are strongly recommended to make extra travel insurance arrangement according to individual needs, especially for those who wish to advance or extend their stay in the destination(s). For the university coverage, please refer to the policy for undergraduates and postgraduates provided by Finance and Enterprise Office for reference.
Students interested in applying to the programme should follow the steps outlined below:
- Read through and make sure you understand and meet all of the programme requirements.
- Complete the online registration at link.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by China Affairs Office for interview within ONE week after the application deadline
For any enquiries, please contact the China Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.