About the Programme
- To provide opportunities for students to acquire knowledge about education system in Mainland China;
- To experience the ethic culture of Hui people in Ningxia;
- To improve communication and presentation skills through teaching and interaction with mainland secondary and college students;
- To open horizon for students and equips them with a proactive and critical thinking mindset;
- Visit local secondary school to teach students English or extra-curricular programmes e.g. music, physical education, singing and dancing etc. (subject to participants’ talent);
- Take part in cultural exchange with local students through workshops and sharing sessions;
- Share HKU student life, HK culture and exchange views on contemporary global issue with local students;
- Understand the minority and ethnic culture of Hui people through interviews, written documentations, images and videos;
- All HKU full-time students are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should possess valid travelling document and/or entry permit for entering Mainland China.
Participants should guarantee full participation in the programme, and are required to submit the following documents to China Affairs Office within 10 days after the completion of the programme:
- Experience sharing (300 words in English and 300 words in Chinese) and Survey
- 5 photographs taken during the participation of the programme
(*Creative sharing and photos will be used in the University publication or website for promotion).
For details, please check Report Submission page.
- HKD$ 1,000 (including Meals, local transportation, and teaching materials)
- Local accommodation is provided for free.
- Participants are responsible for the transportation between Hong Kong and Ningxia, as well as other expenses, including but not limited to the travel insurance.
- Participants are strongly recommended to purchase travel insurance according to personal needs, especially for those who wish to extend their stay in the destination(s). For the university coverage, please refer to the policy for undergraduates and postgraduates provided by Finance and Enterprise Office for reference.
- Eligible candidates will receive support of Pilot Mainland Experience Scheme (MES)
Please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have read through the details and meet all of the programme requirements.
- Complete online registration and upload all the required documents, then click “Submit”.
(Please be noted that no information/document(s) uploaded can be changed once the application is submitted.)
- Shortlisted candidates generally receive an invitation of interview/ result of application within 10 working days after the application deadline.
For any enquiries, please contact China Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
(last updated on 21/8/2018)