The 5th College Student Case Study Competition of City Governance (2019/20)
Host Organization: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Period: October 25 – 28, 2019 (tentative)
Application Deadline: September 22, 2019
About the programme
Shanghai Jiao Tong University will organize this competition (Chinese name: 第五屆大學生城市治理案例挑戰大賽) in late October 2019. Please refer to the programme introduction and tentative itinerary for more information. The tentative itinerary is for reference only. The exact itinerary will be provided by the host institution in due course.
- Any group of 4 HKU full-time undergraduate Chinese students are welcome to apply as a team.
- As indicated by the host institution, priority will be given to local students.
- Applicants should possess valid travelling documents and/or entry permits for entering Mainland China.
- Applicants should be able to write and read in Chinese, and communicate in Putonghua as the programme activities will be conducted exclusively in Putonghua.
Participants should guarantee full participation in the programme, and are required to submit the following documents to China Affairs Office within 10 days after the completion of the programme:
· Experience sharing (300 words in English and 300 words in Chinese) and Survey
· 5 photographs taken during the participation of the programme
(*Creative sharing and photos will be used in the University publication or website for promotion).
For details, please check Report Submission page.
- As the programme is sponsored by HKU “China 1,000 Exchange Programme”, programme fee, local accommodation, and local transportation expenses are covered and to be provided by the host institution.
- Participants are responsible for the transportation between Hong Kong and the Mainland, as well as other expenses, including but not limited to the travel insurance, souvenirs, and meals.
- Participants are strongly recommended to purchase travel insurance according to personal needs, especially for those who wish to extend their stay in the destination(s). For the university coverage, please refer to the policy for undergraduates and postgraduates provided by Finance and Enterprise Office.
Please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have read through the details and met all of the programme requirements.
- Complete the application form (doc) and case analysis form (doc).
- Prepare resumes (pdf), photos (jpg), HKID (pdf), and Mainland Travel Document (pdf) of ALL teammates.
- Send an email to China Vision (email@example.com) with the subject "Application For Case Study Competition of City Governance” and prepare the following information and documents.
- Write down ALL teammates' English full name, University No., HKU Email, and Telephone Number in the email content.
- Attach the documents listed in Step 2 and 3.
- Shortlisted candidates generally will receive an invitation of interview/ result of application within 10 working days after the application deadline.
For any enquiries, please contact China Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(last updated on 14/8/2019)