- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/new-gender-studies-programme/ HKU offers new undergraduate Gender Studies programme New Gender Studies programme for 2018-19
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/art-and-exclusivity/ Art and Exclusivity Art and Exclusivity
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/are-you-a-third-culture-kid/ Are You a Third Culture Kid? Are You a Third Culture Kid?
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/colleges-and-halls-all-in-all/ Colleges and Halls: All in All Colleges and Halls: All in All
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/mathieson-politicised-tenure/ Parting shots: Peter Mathieson comments on his “politicised” tenure at HKU Parting shots: Peter Mathieson comments on “politicised” HKU tenure
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/working-party-forum/ Working party members defend decision rejecting independent HKU chancellor Working party members defend decision rejecting independent HKU chancellor
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/julie-chen-interview/ Assistant prof. Julie Chen wants HKU med students to read novels. Here’s why Assistant prof. Julie Chen wants HKU med students to read novels. Here’s why
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/downtown-funk/ Featuring local bands Another Kitchen, Blaster and Waterfunk Night of downtown funk with HKU music club Night of downtown funk with HKU music club
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/13-institutions-forum/ 13 student groups from higher institutions hold forum at HKU on 20th anniversary of Hong Kong handover 13 student groups from higher institutions hold forum at HKU on 20th anniversary of Hong Kong handover
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/carrie-lam-ssfac-interview/ Carrie Lam interviewed by social sciences dean: "I don't want to straight jacket [sic] universities" Carrie Lam: "I don't want to straight jacket universities"
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/governance-report-revealed/ HKU Council reveals governance report, rejects proposal for independent chancellor Council reveals governance report, says no to independent chancellor
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/june-4th-2017/ ‘End of patriotism’: HKU plays host to heated debates on June 4th anniversary HKU plays host to heated debates on June 4th anniversary
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/undergrad-review-may/ ‘Undergrad’ in translation: hKUDOS reviews the May 2017 issue ‘Undergrad’ in translation: hKUDOS reviews the latest issue
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/employment-agencies-overcharge/ Employment agencies routinely overcharge migrant workers, withhold passports: HKU student group Agencies routinely overcharge migrant workers: HKU student group
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/search-committee-gender-imbalance/ HKU Council hears concerns over V-C Search Committee's gender imbalance HKU Council hears concerns over V-C Search Committee's gender imbalance
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/dark-experience-a-taste-of-life-for-the-visually-impaired/ One of our bloggers shares her experience at the Equal Opportunity Unit's Dialogue in the Dark activity! Dark Experience: A Taste of Life for the Visually Impaired Dark Experience: A Taste of Life for the Visually Impaired
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/tedxhku-2017-be-enlightened/ Check out a report of TEDxHKU written by one of our reporters! TEDxHKU 2017: Be Enlightened TEDxHKU 2017: Be Enlightened
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/dim-sum-hunting-outside-hku/ If you are looking for alternative food choices around HKU, join my food hunting journey to look for some lesser known restaurants around campus. Restaurant Guide: Dim Sum Hunting around HKU Restaurant Guide: Dim Sum Hunting around HKU
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/eyebombing-hku/ All sorts of challenges, viral videos and memes constantly fill up our news feeds, but have you ever heard of "eye-bombing"? Eyes Wide Open: Trying Out the "Eye-Bombing" Craze in HKU! Eyes Wide Open: Trying Out the "Eye-Bombing" Craze in HKU!
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/hku-does-the-vagina-monologues/ A group of HKU students took to the stage to present award-winning play, the Vagina Monologues. With an aim of throwing light on the subject of women's sexuality and strength, the play features episodic elements of women recounting their sexual experiences. HKU Does The Vagina Monologues HKU Does The Vagina Monologues
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/the-cyber-spider-web-hku-dark-web-and-silk-road-conference/ One of our bloggers shares her experience at the HKU Center for Law and Technology’s conference “Dark Web and Silk Road”. The Cyber Spider Web: HKU Dark Web and Silk Road conference The Cyber Spider Web: HKU Dark Web and Silk Road conference
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/a-guide-to-best-budget-restaurants-around-campus/ Enjoying food around HKU on a budget A Guide to Best Budget Restaurants around Campus A Guide to Best Budget Restaurants around Campus
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/why-heforshe-matters/ The campaign in overview: why should we care? Why HeForShe Matters Why HeForShe Matters
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/carrie-lam-sexism/ HKU professors Staci Ford and Petula Ho explains the future of Hong Kong's gender politics. The era of Carrie Lam: what’s next for HK’s women? The era of Carrie Lam: what’s next for HK’s women?
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/newspapers-on-campus-a-comprehensive-guide/ Staying Informed: Getting Newspapers on Campus We see them all the time but somehow can never quite find them
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/a-call-to-open-minded-altruists-effective-altruism-hong-kong/ An ongoing search for like-minded do-gooders … A Call to Open Minded Altruists: Effective Altruism Hong Kong A Call to Open Minded Altruists: Effective Altruism Hong Kong
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/a-central-part-of-hong-kong/ Hong Kong art month - a sea of ideas and land of opportunities. A Central P(Art) of Hong Kong A Central P(Art) of Hong Kong
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/sexual-harassment-course/ Peter Mathieson voices support for new online course on preventing sexual harassment, for both student and staff HKU to launch ‘universal’ online course to fight sexual harassment HKU to launch ‘universal’ online course to fight sexual harassment
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/peter-mathieson-hku-feminism/ An exclusive interview with vice-chancellor Peter Mathieson on the 2nd anniversary of HKU joining HeForShe. ‘We only did 10%’: The story behind HKU’s big push for feminism The story behind HKU’s big push for feminism
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/how-hard-is-it-to-become-rich-when-you-are-poor/ On 21 Feb 2017, a group of students attended a hunger banquet aimed at letting students understand inequality. How Hard Is It to Become Rich: When You Are Poor? Hunger Banquet
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/conversations-with-claes-a-dialogue-with-claes-nobel-senior-member-of-the-nobel-prize-family/ Conversations with Claes: A Dialogue with Claes Nobel, Senior Member of the Nobel Prize Family Conversations with Claes: A Dialogue with Claes Nobel, Senior Member of the Nobel Prize Family
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/stepping-into-the-shoes-of-a-stand-up-comedian/ The University of Hong Kong's General Education Unit invited Hong Kong-based comedian Vivek Mahbubani to deliver a workshop in the month of February. HKU students were then invited to join an Open Mic Night to share their jokes, hosted by Vivek himself. Stepping into the Shoes of a Stand-up Comedian Stepping into the Shoes of a Stand-up Comedian
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/interview-with-shax/ Interview with Shax Theatre Group: Shakespeare’s Love’s Labour’s Lost Interview with STG
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/hku-weekend/ “What did you do in your weekend?” is a common start for a conversation. So after talking a lot about our weekends with my HKU friends, I found that they can mainly be categorized into four styles. HKU Weekends HKU Weekends
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/residential-college-a-guide-2/ A quick guide to residential colleges around HKU. Residential College: A Guide Residential College: A Guide
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/hku-professor-series-prof-joseph-chan/ HKU Professor series- Prof. Joseph Chan
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/is-the-student-union-internationally-inclusive/ Is The Student Union Internationally Inclusive? Is The Student Union Internationally Inclusive?
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/3-ways-to-get-to-the-peak-from-hku/ 3 Ways to Get to The Peak from HKU 3 Ways to Get to The Peak from HKU
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/tips-on-tops-6-roof-tops-to-discover-in-hku/ Tips on Tops: 6 Roof-Tops to Discover in HKU Tips on Tops: 6 Roof-Tops to Discover in HKU
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/foodaroundhku-teakha-kitchen-through-a-cup-of-tea-you-see-the-world/ #foodaroundHKU teakha kitchen –“through a cup of tea, you see the world” #foodaroundHKU teakha kitchen
- http://www.als.hku.hk/hkudos/a-heartfelt-letter-of-thanks-to-disney-pixar/ Ａ A Heartfelt Letter of Thanks To Disney-Pixar A heartfelt review of Disney movie
It’s that time of the year again. The summer is almost over, and the fall semester is almost here. For those of you who are about to start their first year at university, it’s what I hope, a...READ MORE
Name : Nuria Alfonso GonzalvezCountry : SpainExchange period : 1 year (from 2017) Major : Biochemistry“Now I think I have a wider perspective of the world." -Can you introduce yourself? My...READ MORE
There’s a very nuanced appreciation that my friends and I hold for anything of artistic value that even vaguely represents our Pakistani heritage. It’s the only way we can stay in touch with our...READ MORE
The Faculty of Arts at the University of Hong Kong will offer Gender Studies as a major and minor programme to undergraduates starting this September. The programme has been in development for more...READ MORE
Second-year medical student at HKU. Resident alien (hint: look at my initials) who, despite having lived in Hong Kong for over 10 years, still loves exploring and pursuing new experiences in this fascinating city.
Law and literature student at HKU.
Mena is an undergraduate Arts student majoring in English at The University of Hong Kong. She has a zest for exploring the complementarity between philanthropy and environmental protection with the hopes of achieving her social aspiration of eradicating poverty, protecting the planet and ensuring prosperity for all. Devoting herself to the betterment of the less fortunate, she conducted extensive voluntary work and social innovations which aim to tackle social inequality resulting in unfair allocation of resources. She is the founder of a non-profit Instagram shop (@spreadlovewithart_mena), which advocates waste reduction by renovating customers’ daily commodities through hand-painting meanwhile being a form of creative fundraising since all income will be donated to the charity to provide quality education for underprivileged children in China. To promote effective altruism, she constantly tries to clear a general misconception of using the administrative costs ratio of an NGO as an indicator of its efficiency. She believes that in the long run, education for global citizenship is needed to enable more people to participate voluntarily in creating a better world.
4th Year Medical Student
First Year Science student.
trapped in a daze in which i’ll never be fazed
I'm a mood- and time-dependent poet and musician Love to be around green trees, blue skies, and just the ocean No longer bound, but free to be, like this writing position Guess I wrote this 'cause I's urged by some poetic motion
Delia von Pflug
I enjoy swimming in the cold open sea, running through concrete jungles and real jungles, and practicing other ways to master my mind.
4th-year History student. A big fan of Brandy and Monica.
1st-year Econ&Fin student. Spends time scouting for dogs to follow on Instagram. Occasionally dabbles in writing and digital art when hit with bouts of existential ennui.
Freshman under Faculty of Science, still exploring majors. Ex-Texan, Hufflepuff, Prolific reader & Cuber/Solver of geometric puzzles.
Spends time avoiding cooking/ laundry/ doing the dishes, and all-round just wriggling out of responsibilities that come with adulthood.
1st Year Engineering Student
I am a 2nd Year undergraduate majoring in Biochemistry, aiming to unravel the secret of life. I love philosophy and debating.